Skip to main content

The Closest Lady

Before I travelled
She was the
Closest Lady
Oldest Lady
And the one I
Cherished most
And when I returned
She invited me for
Supper
Perhaps the last supper
And after the meal
She smiled richly
Or a smirk it was
Then she asked
What life has taught me
I raised my eye lashes
As though it hurts
And shifted my chin
Up a little bit
Making sure
My two eye balls
Stare directly into
Her two eye balls
And then
Pressing my lips
As though it costs
A fortune to share
Lessons learnt in grieve
I vomited the venom
She poured into
My very being
And then I said
If there is one
Just one lesson
That life has taught me
Its no other than
Never to trust
The very ones
Close to me
Those with cute lips
Yet with sharper teeth
Those with heavenly eyes
But uses it to charm
Those that have long hands
But rather takes
Instead of giving
Those with honey tongue
Tongue that sweetens not
But attacks like bees
Those that embraces fast
Just to stab me
Those that flaunt
Their beautiful dresses
Right and left
Just as they walk
Those that look
Just like you
©Rachealwyettey

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *