Skip to main content

She said I smile too much, He said my smile was powerful and I was like ssshhhhhh...

"She said I smile too much, He said my smile is powerful and I was like sssshhhhhhhh", Nana Ama unveiled in a frolic way; placing her finger on her lips (to depict silencing someone) but without hiding the smile that got everyone talking.

Nana Ama is one damsel whose presence (smile) will instinctively either light up a place or get everyone talking. Yesss! Her smile will either infect everyone else or people will end up saying all kind of things because she appeared all smiley and vivacious.

Like any other day, she arrived as an uninvited guest yesterday to give me an account of the day's ordeal. Her close friend Annie and the lover were arguing over her smiles and she had 'sssssh' both of them and excused herself. The argument started when Annie's lover complimented Nana Ama's smiles; he said so much that made Annie confess her hidden dislike for Nana Ama's smiles. Annie mentioned how Ama smiles as if all is well when all is not well and how it is becoming too much; starting to irritate her.

Nana Ama who was rather surprised by the words of her friend had come to me trying to figure out what I think and why by staying real to who she really is (someone who loves smiling and laughing things off), someone close to her should have a problem with it. "Are you serious? You of all people should not be affected by what others say no matter how close they are. Once it makes you feel good, keep doing it to feel good", I shot back to her when she expressed how she felt about Annie's attitude. "Instead of focusing on the positive things said by Annie's lover, you are worried over the negative", I added.

I further reminded her of the good times we've had because of our smiles; including how strangers thought they knew us because of smiles. I also explained to her how essential it is to smile, using our experiences and that of others. Nana Ama then got her spirit on, "Nothing is going to discourage me again, nothing." She encouraged  herself as I accompanied her to board a vehicle, adding that it always feel good to talk to me. See who's talking? Nana Ama, lol.

Sweetheart, a smile was created to heal, change moods, enhance beauty and to show contentment; it was created to change the lives of people we meet. It is therefore very important that you put on a smile and laugh about some instances.

Never ever underestimate the power or essence of a smile. You need to smile but beyond you, the world needs you to smile; others need you to smile. Smile!

©Racheal WyetteyAll rights reserved.

Comments

  1. Nice one dear...its is true smile does alot of good..No matter how desperate u are..Smile will will make you feel better..keep it up dear...#Risa#DearDamsel#make.it.smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dedicating your time to read this piece and for sharing your comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *