Skip to main content

God Is Waiting For A Call

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. ” - Matthew 11:28

Earlier this afternoon, a friend was talking to me about how problems can make the heart very heavy and its consequences, when all of a sudden,  I started pondering over the many times I had felt it too. So after we were done talking,  I posted "heavy heart" on my status.

Instantly, Thelma replied my status and it states, "God is waiting for a call". Her message did hit me really hard; so hard that I was reminded of the many times God had requested of us to call Him and all the promises He's made in His word. I was even reminded of the many times I called on Him with my heavy heart and He gave me peace. Most important, I became aware of the fact that even at my present situation (not heavy in heart necessarily), I need to call Him.

You see; sometimes, as humans, we feel some heaviness in our heart, come face to face with a plight or we feel like we are drowning somehow without help. And we forget that the only and best way is to call to God at that point.

I don't really know what you are going through or how doubled your problems seem to get each day. Maybe your heart is burdened or your relationship isn't going as you wish it does. Maybe, just maybe, the pitfalls in your academic life, career or health is becoming too much. Maybe is an entirely different problem but let me remind you that when God said He will never leave nor forsake us, He wasn't just saying it, He meant it. Whatever the cause of your present predicament maybe, just like Thelma reminded me God is waiting for me to call, let me also remind you God is waiting for you to call.

I've called many times and He didn't disappoint; I'm sure you did too in the past. Don't waste anytime; call on God. He is a refuge for the oppressed and in times of trouble (Psalm 9:9; 62:8; 46:1) and He's tasked us to call Him when we are burdened (Matthew 11:28).

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *