Skip to main content

Happiness - The Platform For Purpose Discovery

Today, as I was preparing to leave the house, I was visited by a friend who needed my advice on how to discover her purpose. "It's simple! Discover what makes you happy and you are not far from your purpose." I had told her.

Happiness is the potential platform for discovering your purpose in life. I know this because I'm a living testimony to that - it has worked for me over and over. It has worked for others too.

You mostly feel excited doing certain things when you have what it takes to do it or when you've got the abilities. How endowed you are in that particular field is what makes you feel great about doing it. And once you are capable of and excited about doing it, there is a purpose for it. Yes, your purpose lies in it.

As a child,  I discovered the writer in me the very day I acknowledged how writing makes me happy. An entirely different kind of joy overwhelms me each time I write down my thoughts or ideas  - a kind of joy I was unable to define back then.  And even though I was just a little girl,  I knew if there is anything I would give everything for to be able to do - it will be to write down my ideas and experiences, and to share it with others.

Also,  I do remember very well how happy I was the first time I offered help to someone in need despite the fact that I also needed the money for my transport. I knew I will walk home if I help her but yet I was happy she will be able to satisfy her bubbling tummy, I was so happy. All the way home,  I didn't even realise how tiring it was walking home and this was because of my excitement. When I got home, my aunt realised my mood was way beyond the skies and so she inquired if I won a lottery. I narrated what had happened to her and added that  "I want to become someone who helps others in future". She smiled at my response and later informed me such people are known as philanthropists. Throughout the days that followed, I spent most of my hours figuring out how I can make someone smile, how I can support someone. I knew my purpose in life is to make others smile because that is the only way I feel great about myself.
I have discovered different parts of me during my happy moments,  and I have  seen many people discover their purpose by knowing what excites them.


Happiness and Purpose are twins - whenever you find one,  you will find the other. Where you find your happiness, you will as well find your purpose. So whenever you are happy,  look more closely,  you might discover a beautiful part of you that you never knew existed. Have a purpose - driven month!

Did you find your purpose where you found your happiness? Share in your experience to inspire others.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *