Skip to main content

Groaning For Peace? Turn To God!

Have you ever gotten to that point in life where your soul groans for peace desperately? Where your entire being; body, mind, spirit and the heart; is crying desperately for peace? Or better still, are you at a point in life where you seeking peace? Well, everyone gets to that point, I did get there too.

A number of months sum up that point in my life. At that point of my life, I had no idea how to go about answering the constant questions that kept swimming in my head, and asking these questions over and over just made my life more miserable. Right from the building of frustration, through the streets of uncertainty, down to the junction of hopelessness, I couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel; the bitterness of the past, frustration of the present, and the blur future has blinded me, it has weakened me.

Back then, my heart was broken, emotions shattered, spirit so gray, body so weak, mind flooded, and soul frustrated. I was never able to focus, not even for once; whether at lectures, doing my personal things, running errands for others or just spending time alone; I just couldn't think straight - all directions met in my head - peace was absent. Is it possible for people like me to find inner peace?

Yes, it is possible for them to find inner peace - peace with themselves, peace with others, peace in their life and peace with God. It is possible because even I found peace, and I've been enjoying it since then. How?

Out of the blue moon during those days, a friend had sent me a message. Though she does it daily, this very one captured my attention, my inner woman told me, this is for you. She had sent me a message which read;

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpass all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."- Philippians 4:6-7

This scripture did speak into my life. Though before, I've failed in my effort to pray over and over, I was gingered to do so. I grabbed this Word and leaned on it day and night. I spent tine alone, praying, meditating just on that, and praying again. Through continues prayer and meditation, I found out a truth.

The truth is, When you need peace, God promises to provide a peace that passes understanding. The best thing You can do when you are filled with anxiety and worry is to find a quiet place to pray, read Scripture, and listen to encouraging music.  God wants you to have a life lived to the fullest and that includes being at peace!

If you are at a point in life where you need peace, I remind you of what the scripture says in John 16:33, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world"

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *