Skip to main content

Letter To My Dear Friend 2

Dear friend, 

If you can’t PROMOTE me,  don’t DEMOTE me. 

My mum once said, “if you need promotion, join the ship of friendship, it is the only ship for true promotion. This has opened my understanding to the truth that, friends are supposed to promote each other, not to demote each other. Friends are the only ones who are tasked to genuinely promote without any expectations of reward. Aside friends, anyone else who does that does it because of what they will get in return. 

Unfortunately, this truth has been covered. Friends of today wishes the downfall of each other. Come to think of it, a friend who tries to bring you down, is that one too a friend? A friend who will only help you rise when she will benefit, is that one too a friend? A friend who will recognize the star in you but do nothing to let the world see but rather do unnecessary things like joking and gossiping with you, is that one too a friend? A friend who will watch you climb the ladder yourself and just when you reach the top, work against your demotion, is that one too a friend? No. The only one to be called a friend is that one who is ever ready to help you get to the top.

Experience has taught me a lot but wisdom has taught me much more. We mingle with people and give out our best, yet it rather makes us their enemies. You do good, and no one will know about it, you make a mistake and the entire world will know about it. They eat with you, talk to you, count on you, yet never ready to bring out ways, you or the friendship will succeed. You start succeeding and enviness engulf them; they are always determined to make you fail. I refer to their “smiles” as “smirks”. But thank goodness, I have grown up and I’m still growing. 

What has that got to do with you? A whole lot. I’m not saying you are a bad friend, what I'm saying is, I don’t want you to become one. Yes, I value you so much and I don’t want what happened with others to happen with you. Also, I want you to know what your expectations should be of me and of other friends. And finally, I need you to understand that, I take relationships more serious than what the world has created of it.

Dear, I love and value you, and it’s my outermost desire that we will succeed and be proud together. I desire to give my all to make sure you achieve your all and I desire that, you will never work against my success when I’m rising. However, if helping me rise will be a problem to you, no problem, don’t, be on your grounds, but then, know your limits, and don’t yet crossing your line to demote me after my promotion. Deal? Of course, deal, we can still be the “I see you” kind of friends, knowing out boundaries

.
With love and kisses

Your friend, 

Risa. 

©rachealwyettey. All rights reserved.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *